This soup, i've made bunches after bunches. Thanks to Babette who made me discover the recipe. (Real recipe over there) Sarah Kramer is a genious.
Cauliflower red lentil soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger (fresh or powder, powder i use the Arayuma organic)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 + 1/2 cups vegetables broth
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped into bite sizes
- 2 tomatoes, diced and center removed
- 1 cup dry red lentils (and wash these babies first)
- Cilantro for garnish or dry cilantro about 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil (for the pot)
- In a medium soup pot on medium heat, sauté the onions in oil until translucent. Add the ginger, garlic, cumin, red pepper, and turmeric and sauté for 2 minutes; stir constantly to avoid sticking. Add the stock, cauliflower, tomatoes, and lentils.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover with lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until veggies and lentils are cooked.
- Add the salt, the cilantro and stir it up.
- Dig into the pan.
- Do the double recipe and froze the half.