Banana Chia Vegan French Toast
- 4 slices of Spelt Bread (Or any bread you like)
- 1 whole ripe banana
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or more
- 1/8 tsp of vanilla beans (or 1/2 tsp extract)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp Earth balance or butter to grease the pan
- Maple Syrup (the real thing here)
- Whatever you want on top
- Don't forget your spatula.
- Mash (or smash) the banana. The easiest way is to split in pieces, and smash it in parts. No lumps allowed.
- Add the milk, then the chia seeds, whisk it up.
- Add the vanilla and the cinnamon.
- Add the EB or butter in the pan, the heat at medium. Let it melt while you dip the bread into the mixture. Let it sink the bread for 15 sec on each sides.
I like my pain doré with hot raspberries on top, and or course, maple syrup.